I Forge Iron

Hinge making at Pat's

I will be doing a hinge making demo at Pat's on Friday the 15th starting at 7:00 pm planning to end at 9:00 this should be late enough that those working in Anc. can come if you want. I plan to make a strap hinge or more than one and if we are moving along others can work on this as well. There are some tricks that make hinge making less work than the way I started, I will show how to use these. If you think you want to make hinges in your future I think you should come, if you have made a few it still might be a good thing. If you have made thousands come and take over so I can improve. I am not charging, I don't think Pat is either, it would be good to collect a little I will bring something to sell or auction, for Pat's fuel.  Mark

Sounds good Mark, I was afraid I'd missed it. I'm pretty sure I can get Friday the 15th. clear, I'll check with the boss.

Should I bring anything? My portable forge isn't up and working and moving the shop forge does it too much damage. The Soderfors is available as always and I have a number of bottom swages if they'd help. I also have some strap stock though I'll have to check the dimensions.

I'll bring something for iron in the hat I have a few goodies, stock wise.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty; I am planning to use my smaller anvil, because I want to use a flat bick. If you have one or a bridge for your Soderfors that is the important bottom tool in my book, though a selection of swedges might be handy. I am planning to use Pat's forge, unless I hear from him that I can't. If people want to jump in and try their hand at this then a few extra anvils would be nice. I am planning on using 1/4 x 1 and 1/4 x 2 just to keep everything fairly simple.

New axe Maker; I think just come, if you want to bid on what ever we might have to benefit Pat's propane bill bring a little coin.

I can bring my small portable if you think it will be big enough and there is the need The pass thru hole would let the 1" stock pass but not the 2". If just working the ends it will work fine.

I need really need to get my portable anvil setup completed. Will see what I can find to donate to the cause

image.jpeg

No anvil bridge for either of mine and making one isn't in the cards, I have a full week. Nuts. well, I'll see what I can come up with, there's a lot of . . . stuff in the shop. Do you you have a bridge that'll work with a 1" hardy hole?

Frosty The Lucky.

Excellent, I like being able to provide another work station when I can. Can I bring anything else?

I have some planer blades and ball bearings for iron in the hat. They might make some nice blade billets.

Frosty The Lucky.