I Forge Iron

just a simple tree

pallo007

2 hours ago, Ridgewayforge said:

Could you speak a little more about how the tree is attached to the frame?

hello, its welded from behind...

26 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I love the design and the grace of the form.   What are the little pieces of round on the main trunk?  temporary alignment to be removed later?  How will you attach to the window surround?

just 4 screws into the wall...

these pieces should imitate needlework:)

I really like the flow of this piece and it fills the space nicely. It's funny that you mention needlework, the first thing I thought of was stitches holding the pieces together so you have indeed hit your goal. If (when) I were to do one, I might think about bringing the center trunk line down near the bottom, overlapping the two side trunks, and putting two collars around them to get a little more 3D effect.

Thanks for the inspiration!

4 minutes ago, JME1149 said:

If (when) I were to do one, I might think about bringing the center trunk line down near the bottom, overlapping the two side trunks, and putting two collars around them to get a little more 3D effect.

Thanks for the inspiration!

thanks for your comment:) I underestimated the amount of material, so I couldnt bring it to the bottom, but I planned to do it just as you wrote:)

• 4 weeks later...