I Forge Iron

Zombie Apocalypse-Halberd Style

Hey all,

I made a pretty fun zombie apocalypse tool. I used an old crowbar and a piece of a weird bush hog type blade. The blade was short, wide with a "dog leg" bend in it and had two mounting holes but it was very hard, didn't get a pic of it. Anyway, I thought it came out decent, thought I'd show ya'll. And just in time for Halloween! The forged spike is about 9"+- .  The blade is inspired by one in the Elder Scrolls video game. Its basically a short halberd.

It really helped out with my #vampirezombiecoconuts  infestation. :rolleyes:

Profile.jpg

5%20-%20Closeup.jpg7%20-%20Killing%20vampirezombiecoconuts.6%20-%20Killing%20vampirezombiecoconuts.

Posted a build video to enter in another channels giveaway contest.

Edited by norrin_radd

I like it. :)  might be a lil hard to control the axe part with a small round handle. Could probably weld another portion of bar to the handle area for more stability for using as an axe. Otherwise it may want to glance to one side or the other when the axe hits a vampire zombie coconut   

Thanks for the advice. I did put a piece of scrap plate under it after I got a good line. I need to make something a little more secure though. 

You might want to look at "The Master BladeSmith " by JPH  Chapter The Spear  starting page 181  (JPH =Jim Hrisoulas)   has some general information that you might find helpful.

thanks for the heads up on the book can never have enough info.

I like it. :)  might be a lil hard to control the axe part with a small round handle. Could probably weld another portion of bar to the handle area for more stability for using as an axe. Otherwise it may want to glance to one side or the other when the axe hits a vampire zombie coconut   

thanks I had thought about doing something like that. My idea was to get a small section of pipe a make it kinda oval then put it over the bar and pinch the ends around the bar then weld it. But I decided against it to try to keep the weight down. I might do something with it one day.  

Someone suggested paracord, I'm not feeling that though. Seems like it would get slick with zombie coconut guts ;)

Hey after messing around with it I took your advice and went ahead and added a "handle".  I went with a section of pipe. It's still hot but felt alot better even with a welding glove. I did the crappy looking welds on purpose to keep it in character ;) 

Anyway since you said you liked it I thought I would post this.

Thanks

1446304663515-1703472420.jpg

okay, you brought up the subject......zombies.......do you cut off the head or shoot between the eyes or use C4 ??

"Willful Suspense of Disbelief" engaged... ;)

I do enjoy some "Walking Dead" so I have to go with the traumatic brain damage. That's why I liked the spike. C4 would be fun to have, probably have to save it for the "living" marauders though. :rolleyes:

"It's just for fun" I can't say that without sounding like "Nacho Libre"

Edited by norrin_radd