I Forge Iron

Another video by another friend

TheoRockNazz

Here's another huge benefit of living in NYC; blacksmithing is magic to everyone here. To some it's a "lost craft" and to others a art form. Whatever they call it, it's all just good marketing to me ;)

This video was made by Matt Mandrus, his documentary series can be found here: paradiseproductions.squarespace.com/

Obviously there's a couple things I would like to change the wording on, or would have liked to put some more PPE for the shot... but overall what a fantastic job he did! He has thing for using the first take to show the more human side of me... and my inability to form a complete sentence haha. I love how he added a touch of himself too it to when he reaches out to grab the hearing protection.

Leme know what y'all think

I like it Theo. I'd like to see smother segues from talk time to forge time but as it is it's more human than Hollywood perfection. More blacksmith real if you will. Lighting and sound could be improved is some shots.

What I really like is getting a better handle on you. I've liked you since the first post I recall reading from you, I like you more all the time. It's almost enough to make me want to visit NYC. <shudder>

About the getting to know you better part. Is all your work done with a ball pein? That's pretty old timey you know.

Well done. Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you all :D 

It's nice to hear that Frosty, you're one of the many reasons I love this community so much.
I only have three forging hammers; ball pein, 2lb cross pein, and a 4lb cross pein. Since I was forge-welding a long surface of wrought iron to steel I went with my lightest hammer as not to deform the iron and break the weld as I moved along. I should study up on my hammer types and uses, and probably invest in a couple more... or make em, although that's not typically my thing. Maybe a trade is in order....

I'm always happy to have people visit my shop space... all 80 square feet of it. Gotta come one at a time though haha