I Forge Iron

Scrap Yards near Richmond, VA

Hello iron-forgers,

I have been away for many months because I was researching and writing and haven't lit my forge at home since last May. Well I have finished my master's program so now I am taking a couple of weeks off to just do whatever I want. 

Does anyone know where if there is a scrap yard in Richmond, VA that sells to the public? I need some material to make a few machines and jigs like c channel, i beams, box tubing, etc...

Thanks, Bill

Hello iron-forgers,

I have been away for many months because I was researching and writing and haven't lit my forge at home since last May. Well I have finished my master's program so now I am taking a couple of weeks off to just do whatever I want. 

Does anyone know where if there is a scrap yard in Richmond, VA that sells to the public? I need some material to make a few machines and jigs like c channel, i beams, box tubing, etc...

Thanks, Bill

anyone?

How much do you need? All those structural shapes are common at most welding/fab shops. Go to a few of your local shops and ask if you can pick through their scrap bins. Most places I have worked are more than happy to sell/give away their drop. Some places may even sell you what you need if they have little use for it 

How much do you need? All those structural shapes are common at most welding/fab shops. Go to a few of your local shops and ask if you can pick through their scrap bins. Most places I have worked are more than happy to sell/give away their drop. Some places may even sell you what you need if they have little use for it 

great idea thanks