I Forge Iron

Hello from north Florida

caver95

Hey there caver95. Welcome to the site ( and to blacksmithing ). I agree with both Glenn & jimmy. It is fun & infectious. But you have come to the right place. Plenty of knowledgable people & loads of info. What part of Fla are you from? I'm in Tampa. Doesn't seem to be as many blacksmiths in Fla as in other areas of the country.

Hey there caver95. Welcome to the site ( and to blacksmithing ). I agree with both Glenn & jimmy. It is fun & infectious. But you have come to the right place. Plenty of knowledgable people & loads of info. What part of Fla are you from? I'm in Tampa. Doesn't seem to be as many blacksmiths in Fla as in other areas of the country.

I am in Crawfordville just south of Tallahassee, there are some smiths that live near me. I hear there is a local club that meets once a month. What part of tampa are you in I grew up there.

I am going to build the forge 55 for now, I have my brake drum, and 55 gal drum, I am going to put some fire brink in it to make it last a little longer. i need a pair of tongs, but after I have that I think I can make everything else.
I will take some pics along the way.

Go to the top of the forum page and click on User CP
Click on edit profile
Go to the bottom of the page and enter your location and save.

This lets us know where you are located. It also helps be more specific in the answers you get back.