I Forge Iron

seax

TwistedCustoms

Forged Scramasax

I'm not sure if this counts as a short sword or if it's a really big knife. The blade is 13 inches long with a five inch tang. I forged it from a truck leaf spring which I think is 5160. The forged chain and belt hanger are mild steel. The handle is red oak and the overal length is 19". 

IMG_20150302_111143.JPG

IMG_20150228_092816.JPG

IMG_20150228_092737.JPG

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

Nice seax. I'm pretty sure it's a long utility blade you can use like a short sword if the opportunity arises.

The chain and belt clip are nice accoutrement and go nicely with the whole package.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

Great job on this knife, I really like the sheath and the clip too.  I've got a flat pry bar that I broke off one end, I think I may try to turn into one of these.

Thanks Norrin_Radd! I make a lot of these with 5-7" blades. This one was a fun project. Be sure to post photos when you're done!

• 2 weeks later...