I Forge Iron

small barn score

frosty just come down to nebraska some time and i will take you on your own barn find just bring a trailer.  going back to this one this weekend or later this week

Okay, Nebraska is on the must visit list. You have no idea how hard it is to find smithing tools in Alaska. Even though I actually have most everything I want let alone need . . . Oh BABY!

Frosty The Lucky.

a lot of the barn finds are people tring to get the homestead cleaned up or the old farm cleaned up to sell because grandpa and grandma both died or moved into town, mom and dad are moving into town or died.  most of the "kids" have all moved off the faarm or out of town and don't know what to do with all the stuff.  the sad thing is this could sometimes take a couple day or a couple months to get everything cleaned out.  a lot of roll off dumpsters come and go to the dump or to scrap iron.  wish i could get there before that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

image.jpeg.6577de8e4e3ab67925d75ccd5c4bdIt is a small trough about 3 to 4 inches high that you carry on your wagon to put hot oil in when the wood wheels start to get or look dry.  You jack up your wagon put the trough with oil in it under the wheel lower it into the oil so you can turn it.