I Forge Iron

Sinuous bush sword

In addition to feeding mosquitos and getting ready for the Blade Show, I've been working on a fair number of commissions this month.  Three of them are variations on my sinuous bush sword.  This is the first one finished.

The blade is 16", forged from 5160, with an integral socket handle wrapped in marine epoxy-impregnated paracord.  The raised clip is a false edge.

cksword01_zpsodsslbnb.jpg

A black Kydex sheath to accompany it.

cksword02_zpshyv0rr0e.jpg

And a look at it in hand.

cksword03_zpsc95qs3uy.jpg

The second of these got heat treated tonight, and the third will have to wait until after the Blade Show to get finished up.  And now to hit the hay so I can get to working on sharp-and-pointies in the morning.  :)

Dern straight.  I came across some unfinished blades from several years ago recently, and the difference is huge.  Makes me almost (but not quite) embarrassed to have posted work from that time in any forums. 

Any chance of side-by-side comparison shots? You know... show us newbs what hard work and stubbornne..eh..  Stick-to-it-ness ;) can accomplish. (Really just to prove to us mere mortals that you are human)

Those got consigned to the bottom of the scrap bucket. 

One of the biggest helps was a guy at a knife show asking if there was a reason my tips weren't particularly pointed.  There wasn't, and I started paying closer attention to them.  Made a big difference.

And stubbornness is right!  I don't have a lot of natural hand skills, so anything you see me build is sheer stubbornness.