I Forge Iron

Hello,New from Rhode Island

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself - my name is Niamh Swan and I am an artist and blacksmith from upstate New York, currently residing in Rhode Island with my husband and daughter :)  I am also crazy about the garden, about the sky, about rocks and gems and minerals and any number of things, lol.

Cheers!

Niamh (this, by the way, rhymes with "Eve")

Takes one to know one Charles. Neener neener neener. :P

Welcome aboard Niamh, glad to have you, we need more lady smiths posting you bring a different feel to the iron and we can all use the perspectives. Besides ladies smell better than the smoky, sweaty, soot covered guys I've known.

If we ever meet fact to face you'll have to explain how your name/handle rhymes with Eve. Then again an author I love pronounces Ghoti fish and I figured that one out by time I was 10 so what the hey. . . <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course Charles means high praise Naimh. I've known a few who think I suffer from insanity on occasion but I'll have you know I don't. I enjoy it every day!

I like the friendly ribbing that goes on here most of the time, it feel like evening games when I lived at home. Almost every evening after dinner, or whatever needed doing was done we'd sit around the table and play games, Yatzee was a favorite but so was 10,000, spades, hearts, crib, Monopoly, etc. etc. Happy name calling was had by all. We always played for blood of course.

It's a family thing and this is the biggest darned family I've ever run across. It's a good place to hang out and what the heck sometimes we talk about blacksmithing.

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty