I Forge Iron

Is this press good for metalwork?

Rainbows

I think the last two presses I put in here ended up being a leatherworkers and the other a weird clamp so not much success so far. 

Seems beefier than the leatherworkers press and has a quicker screw than the clamp.

Listed as a rivet screw press. Is that tool on it a rivet set or have I found another leatherworkers press?

Looks like a mini fly press. It could be used for small work. I would want to check it out first, is it local, or an auction? I am thinking it would be great for jewelry work.

A quick Google search pulls a lot of them up in various sizes. They very well could be for riveting leather items. I cannot read French, and the translations were not working. But you should be able to find some more info on them seeing as they are not rare.

Edited by BIGGUNDOCTOR

Sadly its an auction by a person who only has a vague idea of what it is. I can see it is missing a little screw to hold the bottom die.

Do you think it could mark hot iron? Just for shallow stamping in decorative patterns or the like. Might be faster and more uniform than punch and hammer. If not I do brass stuff occasionally.