I Forge Iron

Aluminum oxide

TimB

21 minutes ago, Nobody Special said:

That hurt my brain.

That pain you felt is "cognitive dissonance."  It happens when you are presented with information or proofs that what you KNOW is true isn't. Say, the sky is NOT blue. It isn't, it's clear it only appears to be blue.

What is causing the pain is blood vessels are having to carry more blood than normal as your brain is connecting areas not usually used in conjunction. 

You could probably kill the authors of that site with a new thought and a sip of cold water.

Frosty The Lucky.

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

That pain you felt is "cognitive dissonance."  It happens when you are presented with information or proofs that what you KNOW is true isn't. Say, the sky is NOT blue. It isn't, it's clear it only appears to be blue. 

I had to read up tonight enough on the concept of self as an illusory construct.  Now I've got two youtube jokers peddling me chemsitry and physics the same way.  If I want solipsism, I prefer to get it from Decartes, not Dmitri Mendeleev, and I'll stick to Terry Pratchett for consensual reality theories.  If the sky looks like a blue duck, and walks like a blue duck...

Also, is it still blue up there? You're even further north than me, sun went to bed an hr ago here.

Reminds me of a chemistry test question on a test my sister once proctored:  The Sky is Blue What's Avogadro's Number?

It dealt with molar refractivity as I recall; but one answer was "The Sky is blue, my CRC is also blue and on page ... it lists Avogadro's number as..."