I Forge Iron

B & S Massey Clear Space Hammers Brochure and Specifications

Finally got round to scanning this in. It is a bit big I am afraid, 9.3mb, if anybody wants to reduce it down a bit and repost it be my guest! I did knock it down to 6.7mb but some of the specification numbers became illegible.

I did check it was okay with John Nicholson to post this as he is the supplier and restorer of Massey Hammers in the UK now.

I will post the hammer installation information on a separate thread.

For those using US English, when they refer to Pallets they mean what some of you call Dies...

Alan

Massey Clearspace Power Hammer Brochure.pdf

• 6 years later...

The information you had supplied to someone else (Anvil Antics in Austrailia if I remember correctly) and passed onto me from him, was a big help when I was installing my hammer thank you Alan . PS my hammer is running very nicely Cheers

BeaverNZ I am glad it was useful...I envy you having the Rolls Royce of hammers set up.

jlpservices I am glad you have managed to download it.

Irondragon Thank you for providing a new link to it.

Over the years I had a few communications from people having problems downloading the Allday and Onions specification/user manuals from IFI...I re-posted them a few years later which apparently resolved the issue.

Puzzling.

The Massey one in this OP still downloads okay for me...but it is a bit large at 9.7MB.

It was a choice between clarity or low resolution when I scanned and created the .pdf....and I opted for clarity because of the small specification tables.

I didn't manage to install my 2cwt Massey Clear Space hammer and so sold it on...It was reconditioned but not installed by the purchaser, who's circumstances then also changed, and he eventually sold it on to John Nicholson.

I still have the 5cwt Massey sitting in the yard beside the new studio, but it does look unlikely that I will ever install it now. I still have the 3cwt and 1cwt Alldays and the 50kG Reiter operational in the studio at Mum's...but as she has just celebrated her 98th birthday I think the self contained 1cwt and 50 kg will eventually come here, I don't think future work, or my age, will justify installing the separate anvil 3 or 5cwt hammers in the new studio with their more extensive foundation requirements and need for heavy duty power. I ended up with a lovely  100kVA 415V 3 phase supply at Mum's, but will have to buy a large ex stand-by generator to run them here...or drive them direct off a donkey engine.

Alan