I Forge Iron

Past project

Here is a project i completed for my grandmother, its not really blacksmithing but i couldnt decide a different place to put it. I just found the picture and thought you might like to see it. The vertical bars are all twisted hot rolled which was done cold the frame is just 1.5"x1/4" There are two pieces of glass to sandwich the leaves and birds. I made the birds from feathers glued to cardboard cutouts. This fits into an opening next to her stairwell and was intended to block the cat from getting downstairs and be decorational as well.

4141.attach

The glass is held in with some 3/4"x1/8"x1" tabs rounded off on the belt sander and then i fitted a rubber cap on them with some heat to make the rubber conform. Then I drilled the bars and tabs and used machine screws to apply tension. I also used clear art type glue to help secure the leaves and birds, it was used sparingly and is hardly noticeable from the "backside".