I Forge Iron

Online suppliers of ornamental bits

I’ve been welding here in Thailand for about 8 years.  This country has steel shops in every neighborhood.  Ornamental gates and fences are a real part of the economy. 

Now I am getting ready to move back the states.  I have been looking online at ornamental/architectural suppliers and am striking out with google searches.  The other day I was looking for candle drip pans, but the only site that seemed to be selling them was kingmetals.com

Can anything suggest some websites or link to a forum on iforgeiron.com?

Thanks.

Welcome aboard and welcome back to the States, glad to have you. When you get settled if you put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

A Google search for "Ornamental Iron Elements" hit on these: Dang, the link wouldn't post unbroken so I deleted it from the post. The above search terms yielded a couple pages of hits. Some of the hits should yield (maybe) better search terms.

A quick skim looked like there were some promising links but I'm too lazy to review them for you.

Frosty The Lucky.

King archetuarial metals has a full range of pre made components, as does B. Route and co Ltd in the UK and the blacksmith's depot. I believe the Depot has the drip pans you referenced.
I always marveled at the metal work in Thailand and Cambodia. All local shops doing the work too. Simple shops putting out great work.

Good luck with your repatriation and safe travels.

Peter

Thanks for the replies.  I'm looking for a general supplier like King Metals.  I've actually order a few things from them in the past and taken them back to Thailand.  Weird that most of the suppliers I found  were out of the UK.  Petere, Thanks for mentioning Blacksmith's Depot.  That's the kind of site I was unaware of and it did not come up in a Google search.  I'll check out shipping prices from the UK. I just wrote them off right away.  Frosty, I spent a couple of hours on Google and got nowhere except Kingmetals which is why I asked.  Thanks again.  Location is Boone, NC.

I have a big glossy hardback catalog from Indital USA "Italian Architectural Forged Steel Components"

They sell enough stuff and of high enough quality that a good guy with a mig can do amazing ornamental work.

Might try to track down a more local supplier than the company that carries their stuff here.