I Forge Iron

Cabin Ideas?

Christmas is approaching and I have been trying to come up with gift ideas. One close friend has on their ranch a genuine log cabin, built in the 1870's.70- 80% original. Over the last couple of years my friend has replaced some of the bottom timbers, redone the roof and added a concrete floor(previously dirt). It also contains the original wood burning stove. It has a "spring house" outside; for those that don't know consider it an antiquated refrigerator, and an out house. The cabin is still used at different times of the year.

I would like ideas for things that would compliment and/or add comfort/necessity features while still remaining "period" items. I hesitate to place anything "too nice" because wandering hunters/hikers may be tempted to load it up and pack it away. Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

An assortment of drive hooks either plain or with folded leaves are always useful. A couple of lantern hangers sort of like planthanger/dinner bell brackets would be a useful item also. A rug beater with a braided or basket twist handle would go well with a cabin.
Door pulls and hardware for interior/Exterior doors .........

John

Right now I'm making candle holders for a friend with a cabin. I've already made his fireplace set. Other ideas..
Forged hinges and door pulls
Towel rod/holder
Hat, coat hooks
Lantern hangers for outside the door
A tripod or pot rack for outdoor cooking
Dutch oven lid lifter, meat forks, tongs, meat flippers
If there's a fire place, then fire tools, trivets, a pot crane
A bootscraper for the door way

Steve