I Forge Iron

Forge Welding Wire Rope Video

j.w.s.

I shot a video yesterday afternoon of making a cable "Damascus" knife. This is one of the demonstrations I do in about 20 minutes at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. I'm sure the voice over could use a little work, but I was narrating it at about 1am so I had a little exhaustion working against me. Now before anyone says anything, I know that I'm not wearing safety glasses while hammering but shooting a video and doing production work are two different feats and so is lighting for shooting and sometimes they work against each other.. So, with that being said, always wear the appropriate safety gear when working! Anyway, enjoy! (that is if I can figure out how to embed it)

-J

Thank you. Aside from cutting the grinding and belt work in half the only chunks that were scrapped were the heating portions, everything is as you see it in real time. I also didnt get the tempering but my helper had left for the day and I figured it might be a little boring.. but I did give it an honorable mention with some overlaying text. :) My main point was to make this for some students who had asked but I've got a few customers who wanted to see how it was done, so I figured I'd just share it with the world.

-J