I Forge Iron

Ferrous Rated Crucibles

My mom is a huge book reader, so I'm pretty savvy as to where to find good deals on books, and Amazons the first place I looked yesterday. I can understand the expensive habit these guys are getting me into, but knowledge is worth the price (whatever it may be). If someone recommends a book on iforgeiron I look it up, why not! Everyone here knows more than I do in this subject. ^_^

And then you run into the sad situations---when a friend invited me over to meet her Father, a retired metallurgist, and he started giving me stacks of old ASM books, I pretty much guessed what it meant. He was just happy that someone *wanted* the "old" books and would use them. For most of my work the 1947 edition works just as well as a new one and sometimes *better* as they reference the "old stuff" more.

I'll be passing them on in turn someday...

Of course one of our vacation pleasures is going to used bookstores in small rural towns...My copy of Moxon came out of a basement in Van Buren AR, a town that has doubled as a civil war town for films before...

• 4 years later...

I'm fully aware that this may not be the proper place to post this. But I wanted to be sure that the gentleman who have given what I believe is heartfelt advice and caution, I'm just starting out trying my hand at blacksmithing and wasn't sure if I wanted to join a forum like this thinking of the many times that I have joined one for a specific purpose only to have it a medium for mockery or contempt. I just wanted to say thank you gentlemen for sparking my hope in seeking what I am sure is exceedingly needed guidance and information in doing things not only correct but in a manner as safely as possible. I have decided to join this forum as a result. And will end this long post saying thank you in advance for your guidance and advice!