I Forge Iron

Howdy Folks

Travis Covington

I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I'm Travis I'm almost 50 . My son(15) and I started smithing 4 years ago. I'm a welder & maint mech. by trade. I'm a Board member for Tidewater Blacksmith's Guild. I also have a small website of my own COVINGTON FORGE AND WELDING
I built and maintain Tidewater Blacksmiths Guild.
I don't post much but I like to read. If you're ever around Boykins VA give me a call.

Travis,
Welcome to IFI
Virginia seems to be a prevailing hot spot for blacksmiths.
I am impressed and pleased with all I saw on your site.
I believe that at some level a lot of seasoned blacksmiths seem to feel a sense of obligation to promote the blacksmithing craft by assisting or grooming new blacksmiths.
I am sure you must get a great deal of satisfaction when you see the hook sink deep into a newly developing smith.
I have listened to Mike of Yesteryear Forge light up with satisfaction recently when some young men became one with the craft at a recent hammer-in.
I applaud I Forge Iron, The Blacksmith Guild of Virginia, and yourself via the Tidewater Blacksmith Guild, for providing a place for sharing and developing the skill of blacksmithing without exploiting the people who are entering the craft.
Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted