I Forge Iron

Need help finding a video

Neil Blythin

Hey Folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I saw a video posted here some time ago (link to one on YouTube); and I can't for the life of me find it. I've tried every combination of search terms I can think of, but just can't seem to spot the post or remember which thread it was in.

Anyways, the video was an old black and white film, looked to be part of a documentary. It showed Blacksmiths making gates, grilles, etc using a lot of slitting and drifting, passing the bars through each other. It looked to be in a rather heavy, industrial setup rather than in a small smithy, yet they were using hand hammers.

If I recall correctly, what voice over/text there was was in German, and it had classical music playing.

Any chance one of you knows the video I'm talking about and has the link bookmarked? Or remembers which thread it was in here on IFI?

Cheers,
Neil

Clues

The video was an old black and white film, looked to be part of a documentary. It showed Blacksmiths making gates, grilles, etc using a lot of slitting and drifting, passing the bars through each other. A rather heavy, industrial setup rather than in a small smithy, yet they were using hand hammers. The voice over/text was in German, and it had classical music playing.

Question Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:18 PM Canada

Answer   Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:19 PM California

Video posted Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

Total time question to answer,      4 hours.

Total time until video was posted, 4 hours 20 minutes.

---------------------------------------------------

IForgeIron.com   (grin).