I Forge Iron

Which one

jukejoint

Narrowed it down to two fans  the first fan is a Kayne and Sons blower fan it sells for 175.00 the second one iam thinking on is the Dayton 2c647 that Centaur sells for 89.00 ,like yalls input on these two choices just want to make my forge right the first time .and not have to upgrade later thanks

Fire does not care where the air comes from, just that it gets enough air to get the fuel burning and hot.

-----------------------------

Blower 1 $175.00

164 cfm coal or coke forge blower - 
40 oz. static pressure,
110 vac, 165 watt, 1.5 amp, 1/4 hp
outlet OD approx. 3-7/8". - 4" pipe fits very nicely over the flange of these

----------------------------

----------------------------

Blower 2 $89. I found this blower number as low as $61.44

Dayton Model 2C647 Blower 134 CFM 1500 RPM 115 Volts 60/50hz

Wheel Diameter 5 1/4 Inches, Wheel Width 2 1/2 Inches, Inlet Diameter 4 1/2 Inches. Not recommended for speed control.

Item Shaded Pole Blower (Another seller, same part number, additional specs.)
Wheel Dia. (In.) 5-1/4  Wheel Width (In.) 2-1/2
CFM @ 0.000-In. SP 134
CFM @ 0.100-In. SP 126
CFM @ 0.200-In. SP 117
CFM @ 0.300-In. SP 107
CFM @ 0.400-In. SP 96
CFM @ 0.500-In. SP 79
Voltage 115
Hz 60/50
Phase 1
Full Load Amps 0.74
RPM 1500
Bearing Type Sleeve
Motor Type Shaded Pole
Motor Enclosure Open Dripproof
Thermal Protection Auto
Lead Length (In.) 21
Conduit Box No
Ambient Temp. (Deg. F) 104
Max. Inlet Temp. (Deg. F) 104
Inlet Dia. (In.) 4-1/2
Outlet Height (In.) 3-1/8
Outlet Width (In.) 3
Overall Height (In.) 8
Overall Width (In.) 5-5/16
Overall Depth (In.) 7-7/16
Wheel Type Forward Curve
Drive Type Direct
Mounting All Position
Housing Finish Gray Baked Enamel
Housing Material Steel
Agency Compliance UL Component Recognized, CSA Certified
UNSPSC 40101601
Weight 4.400000

Description
Shaded Pole Blower, Air Flow @ 0.000 Inch Static Pressure 134 CFM, Speed 1500 , Voltage Rating 115 Volts, Current Rating 0.74 Amp, Frequency 60/50 Hertz, Thermal Protection Auto, Wheel Diameter 5 1/4 Inches, Wheel Width 2 1/2 Inches, Inlet Diameter 4 1/2 Inches, Air Flow @ 0.100 Inch Static Pressure 126 CFM

Restrictions
Note: Not for use with speed controllers.

30 to 312 CFM PSC, Shaded Pole, DC, and 3-Phase Blowers, Rectangular Outlet
Dynamically balanced blowers provide smooth and quiet operation. Noise and vibration are held to a minimum to maintain CFM at higher static pressures. Motors have cast-aluminum end shields for greater heat dissipation and protection, resulting in less downtime and longer service life.
UL and C-UL Recognized (E47479), except 2C646 is not UL or C-UL Recognized, and 2C647 is UL Recognized (E22286) and CSA Certified (LR12645).
Direct replacements for many OEM blowers with same physical footprint All-position mounting Min./max. operating temp. range: -20 to 104 F Max. inlet and ambient temp.: 104 F Motor enclosure: open

---------------------------

The internet has information on many things. You sometimes have to look beyond the first hit to find the answer you seek. You also need to decipher and understand the answers you find.

Rephrase the question, and get a better answer. (Which air supply will work on your forge) Answer (Many will work). Depending on your forge, how large a fire you want, how much heat you want, and many other factors. You heating 1/4 inch stock or 4 inch stock, using coal, coke, charcoal and etc. 

Which of the two blowers you have listed is best for you? That is up to you to decide.  

Well went with the Dayton 2C647A blower motor easy install and if it didn't do what I wanted I wasn't out a arm and a leg (like I was trying to find a vintage electric blower),works great will need a air gate if not you could burn up a lot of coke, heated 1 in bar in no time tried to control the air flow by placing a cover over the intake side but didn't take it down much, unless your using a hand crank safe to assume you need a air gate thanks for the help folks time to heat sum iron