I Forge Iron

New to Forging And sculpting

I started to make these sculptures last year with a torch  and stick welding in my auto repair shop. 1/8 - 1/4 flat steel. I want to get into blacksmithing and casting down the road. Any suggestions on equipment would be appr. I have no experience with any art.welding or blacksmithing.Learing as I go....

The first one is a rat I made for an exterminator all steel 1/8

The second I call " lost identity "     forged,welded and ground

and the last is the Gates of Heaven  (Twin Towers )

post-56059-0-70325800-1407769015_thumb.j

post-56059-0-52796500-1407769044_thumb.j

post-56059-0-29587900-1407769073_thumb.j

post-56059-0-33499600-1407769113_thumb.j

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. No experience with art welding you say? Oh man you set a HIGH bar for a newcomer. There are guys who've been doing precision welding for a long time that'd have a hard time matching your welding and finishing techniques let alone your expression.

I am really looking forward to seeing your work after you've done some practicing! Get hooked up with a local smithing organization, they are going to LOVE you.

Frosty The Lucky.

Wow! Nice work Dominic! If you hadn't said so, I would not believe you hadn't any formal or otherwise art training. You apparently have an artistic gene or right brain dominance. Your form and composition is fantastic for self-taught!

BTW, welcome to the funhouse :)

Scott