I Forge Iron

Look what my wife did

Matto, you're making everyone else look bad, what with the wonderful wife, cool truck and a well stocked clean and tidy shop!

Aha, 'clean shop' therein lies the flaw! (she probably cleans and sorts it too) nananana , just kidding you must have to suck green lemons just to get the smile off you face.

Frosty have something about vises, what about the 10 post drills hanging around?

I don't know why Ian says you're such a nice guy the way you're rubbing my nose in the fact Alaska is so very blacksmith tool poor. I'm going to go sulk now. <sniff>

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty what do you need I can send something up!! Ian it is clean because it just got built the first project was a dolly to move my 1958 ford tractor. The only other thing the wife lets me do now is find a home for everything:):). Bree's next project is helping to restore the '67 binder. She wants bright yellow and ghost flames! Spanky I would love to send it down to you but it is the only way I can keep the wife in the shop. The junkyard has a mint '68 908 C binder in it along with some travelals' and scouts.

Have to say and all joking aside, very well done on that build to all concerned. The best of luck with you're new workspace Matto. It's a real neat building.

I have something on my mind when I look at you're work to date and I don't want to put a negative on this project but I'll say it and hope you don't mind me saying this but be very careful with your forging. There's a lot of timber gone into that build. Please be very careful how you conduct that forge and everything associated with spark generation and such. I've burnt my shop down some years back and I'm still repairing it. One bit of carelessness on my behalf with a grinder and I paid dearly for it. I regret not paying more attention but that's in hindsight now. I hope you don't mind me saying that....just be careful. 

highsider i appreciate your thoughts and am greatful. all places around the forge and where the chimney goes through the roof are brick or concrete board. as for sparks from a grinder i try to do all my grinding in the middle of the shop. any where sparks could cause harm there will be metal sheeting or concrete board on the walls. i also have 5 fire extingisher with in short distance from anywhere in the shop. part of my background is also in fire investagation. again thank you for the thoughts. it is nice to be reminded of things that get overlooked and where sparks could land is one.

on another note where abouts in ireland? my family is from county cork, my wifes sister just got back from two weeks overthere researching their family history. i have always wanted to go to ireland and find my roots.

You've very welcome matto, I'm glad you've taken my advice in good spirit and it looks like your well on top of things. Good job that.

I'm from county Meath on the east side of Ireland. A little village called Bóthar Mín, which means in english smooth road which was one of the 5 smooth roads that lead to the Hill of Tara. Quite a history to the place. You are invited now,  If you're ever thinking of taking the trip across the sea, do drop me a line and there'll be a cead mile failte or 'a hundred thousand welcomes' and you'll really enjoy the place.

Wow. Nice set up. I had noticed that you were out of the place on Central as the chimney was gone. I had wondered where you moved to. I hope you do start a monthly hammer in, Dack's place in GI is just too far to drive for me.

Hope to meet ya at the convention in a couple weeks.