I Forge Iron

rusty wheels antique tractor, engine, sawmill and blacksmith show

So I'm at this show here in Harrison, Arkansas this weekend. Supposedly the Arkansas chapter of blacksmith association is making a bit of a showing here also. Anyone from this forum attending this show?

So I'm at this show here in Harrison, Arkansas this weekend. Supposedly the Arkansas chapter of blacksmith association is making a bit of a showing here also. Anyone from this forum attending this show?

John, you are right on.

Blacksmith Organization of Arkansas (BOA) will have a demo tent, forge, anvil, sale items etc. set up at Rusty Wheels this coming weekend, June 13-14.  We usually set up on the south end near the old blacksmith shop.  Plan is to set up noon Friday and be there all day Saturday.  Drop by for a visit.

John: There will probably be LOTS of Cat hats so maybe a bright feather in the brim as a distinguishing mark. Of course if Thomas were there you could just look up the guy in lederhosen, red hat and a Hawaiian shirt.

Just talking to folk till you run into one of the IFI gang works great. Personally I LIKE talking to folk I don't know yet so that's how I do it.  Oh WAIT, I'm one of the guys standing behind an anvil so maybe I'm not too hard to find eh?

Frosty The Lucky.

John: There will probably be LOTS of Cat hats so maybe a bright feather in the brim as a distinguishing mark. Of course if Thomas were there you could just look up the guy in lederhosen, red hat and a Hawaiian shirt.

Just talking to folk till you run into one of the IFI gang works great. Personally I LIKE talking to folk I don't know yet so that's how I do it.  Oh WAIT, I'm one of the guys standing behind an anvil so maybe I'm not too hard to find eh?

Frosty The Lucky.

Now I can't get the image of lederhosen, red hat and Hawaiian shirt out of my head, lol.

I am new to the BOA group but not to smithing in general! Used to be a big pain in the SWABA group in New Mexico! Unfortunatley, I have seem Thomas in that outfit! :D  Hoped to be at Rust Wheels this weekend but am still gimping around on a broken leg! <_<

Arkie and Woodz, glade to see others in this area on here! Somone to watch for!!

I am new to the BOA group but not to smithing in general! Used to be a big pain in the SWABA group in New Mexico! Unfortunatley, I have seem Thomas in that outfit! :D  Hoped to be at Rust Wheels this weekend but am still gimping around on a broken leg! <_<

Arkie and Woodz, glade to see others in this area on here! Somone to watch for!!

smith, glad to hear you are a BOA member...sorry you couldn't make the BOA meeting and the Rusty Wheels show.  Good turnout at the show and same for the meeting.  Had quite a few show up.  Hope that leg heals quickly.  :)

The leg is healing, almost the worst of it is... I have always wanted a rock forge, finaly got it finished with a Hofi style side draft and great bellows (worked with bellows for years, like it better than a blower) One (#1) fire and forged one item! Two days later broke the leg in three places... haven't been able to get near it since!!!

Sorry didn't mean to hijack!!!

No hijack on your part.  Just jaw-boning about blacksmith meetings, broken legs and forges.  :)

I bet your rock forge is nice.  Of course, pictures are always welcome if not mandatory!!!

BTW, are you in the NW or NE or Central Chapter?

The wife and I have attended the NW, NE and central meetings! Kind of feel like Jonesboro is a little far! My computer got zap by lightening and none of the usb ports work, so I can not get anything in or out of my computer, so no pics for now! Depending on my leg I would like to host a meeting this fall or next spring???!!! Who is hosting the meeting at the Ozark Folk Center on August 9th, I might be able to help, if they need anything!?

smith,

The August 9 meeting in Mountain View (Ozark Folk Center) will be that month's location for the normal monthly meeting for NW.  Anyone is welcome!  The group is always open to volunteers to host meetings at their forge when possible.  Check out the webpage, http://blacksmithsofarkansas.org, and look at "Upcoming Events".  

BOA also has a facebook page, search "Blacksmith Organization of Arkansas".