I Forge Iron

Hey all,

I am trying to help rough out some installation cost numbers for a power hammer installation at the school I attend and I have an electrical question.  They are bringing in a Nazel 2B and the building owners are requiring a dedicated electric meter for it, but I have no clue what size meter such a device would necessitate, so I cant look up a price for it.  Does anyone know what size meter a 2B would need just to run itself?

if I am omitting any necessary information please let me know, only thing I have to go on is 'two piece Nazel 2B'.

Many thanks! :)

no data, im assuming that it is 'stock' until I get a reply to the same question from the owner.  I haven't been able to find any spec's online for the beast either, the Nazel site only has info for the 5B and 6B, and I have been unable to locate anything here, on anvilfire, or otherwise that has motor size listed.

I'm going to step out on a limb here so don't bite me. Your questions should be how many amps will the motor draw (running amps) and whether or not it runs on 3 phase. Is this meter to be used for power cost/use tracking. Most meters I've worked with have a max amp rating. A quick search found many choices... Is the Nazel going in Adam's Forge?

awesome Frosty, thank you, i will pass that along!

Fe, no biting necessary :) thank you, and you are correct on all counts, it is being installed in Adams Forge and they need to be able to track the hammer's power usage separately.

Chinobi, look up "Emon Demon", it's what most industrial landlords in the Northeast use to monitor the electric use of their tenants for billing purposes.  That way you don't have to pull an individual service to a new meter, etc.  Just hook up the ammeter doughnut from the Emon-Demon to whatever you want to monitor, and it tracks it for you.