I Forge Iron

Anvil Headstones

When to cemeteries this afternoon, went to the one in Rock Island, IL ,Chipplannock which is famous for its on usual headstones, knew there was one there that was an anvil and Headstone is marked, Smith.. There are two more that I found in the same cemetery that had the anvils, pretty neat looking... Two large ones actually had tools of granite laying on top of them.

post-8013-0-21972600-1400981449_thumb.jp

post-8013-0-78699300-1400981566_thumb.jp

post-8013-0-02143200-1400981651_thumb.jp

In Ohio there is one where they used the actual anvil of an indigent smith as his headstone.  As I recall one of the Sofa members arranged to have the hammer that was welded to it rehandled as necessary.  Unfortunately I recall a report that the anvil was later stolen.

In Ohio there is one where they used the actual anvil of an indigent smith as his headstone.  As I recall one of the Sofa members arranged to have the hammer that was welded to it rehandled as necessary.  Unfortunately I recall a report that the anvil was later stolen.

That is a shame, probably scapped for drug money....