I Forge Iron

Smithy frozen in time

Thanks for the link, I'll have to drop by if we're ever in the neighborhood.

A quick Google search yields a bunch of hits, I'm thinking some good surfing.

The cabinet lock is a basic ward lock. There's a good Woodwright Shop episode with Peter Ross about forging locks and keys. Those are good surfing too.

Frosty The Lucky.

If you're ever in the neighborhood (Havehill,IA) .. Make it a point stop by and see the blacksmith shop. I've been in that shop many times and it's as the videos said "just as he left it"there is a church cemetery just few blocks and in the cemetery are several iron made grave markers that were made in this blacksmith shop. There are monthly Hammer-in and May Event with a demonstrator which are put on by the Upper Midwest Blacksmith Association. The demonstrations and hammer-in are done in shop built next to the original shop so as not to destroy the original condition of the blacksmith shop as it was 70 years ago.
Yours (me) truly, will be the demonstrator this May 17th&18th. If you are the area stop by..

If you're ever in the neighborhood (Havehill,IA) .. Make it a point stop by and see the blacksmith shop. I've been in that shop many times and it's as the videos said "just as he left it"there is a church cemetery just few blocks and in the cemetery are several iron made grave markers that were made in this blacksmith shop. There are monthly Hammer-in and May Event with a demonstrator which are put on by the Upper Midwest Blacksmith Association. The demonstrations and hammer-in are done in shop built next to the original shop so as not to destroy the original condition of the blacksmith shop as it was 70 years ago.
Yours (me) truly, will be the demonstrator this May 17th&18th. If you are the area stop by..

Thanks for the invite Bob. Wish I was closer love to do all of the above.