I Forge Iron

My wife has signed me up to vend at a Garlic Festival in June and I would like to forge some garlic bulbs and maybe some garlic plants. I know I have seen something like this on here before but can"t find it. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I am thinking some iron pipe might be good to start with. Would solid stock be better to use? 

Any help will be appreciated.

I didn't see anything from a google search of the site for "garlic" that pertained to actually forging garlic shaped objects, plenty of recipes though :)

stumbled onto a spread of work from Yves that has a lot of really nice hand forged kitchen products that would go well at a food festival like that IMO, even if they are not 'themed'

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I have seen cast iron garlic roasters at places like crate and barrel, but I think with a little ingenuity you could come up with a way to forge one from pipe to make the upper dome and a bit of plate for the lower dish, fancy handles to taste.  it would be kind of a lot of drilling but a hand forged garlic press would be pretty sweet!

garlic themed hooks for people to hang garlic from would also likely sell (yves mentioned it as a use for a general hook rack which got me thinking about it), something like a J hook with a chiseled out sheet metal garlic clove (extra credit for adding dimension via repousse) riveted to the top or an outline 'drawn' with wire or a wood backer with something drawn in via woodburner etc etc.

find ways to let the garlic be the inspiration rather than the target and I think you will find your list of projects growing faster than your time will allow you to pursue them.  your customers will only buy one, maybe two garlic sculptures, maybe more if they want to gift them to someone else.  but salt and pepper shakers come in pairs, and they might want a little garlic embellished fork to fetch pickled garlic from a mason jar, or a trivet base/hot pot holder in the shape of it....

you get the picture :) so don't forget to post some pic's of what you settle on, I love me some garlic so good luck with it!! :)