I Forge Iron

I have been having a hard time getting out to the forge, just too much going on, but finally a couple little projects that have been in my head, were made into metal.
I have been wanting to add something to the Touchmark garden in Cedar Ridge Ca. and I had an idea of mixing a Geode with a metal stake for the yard, It looks a bit like an eye, so I named it "Gaia's Eye.

The second piece is a split cross, the first cross I made cracked, some wierd air hardening metal, very unexpected, so the cross was the second attempt, I was under a bit of time pressure so it is what it is, My wife loves it, and for me, that's all the reward I need, along with the joy of making it.

post-4158-0-78731200-1394384147_thumb.jp

post-4158-0-37902000-1394384177_thumb.jp

post-4158-0-84633300-1394384209_thumb.jp

post-4158-0-66388800-1394384239_thumb.jp

Very nice Mike I like them both. I really like the twist on the shanks. What's the form before twisting? I think it or a version would be a fine element/shape for many projects.

Well done all round.

Frosty The Lucky.

The twists are made in a rod that was pre grooved, apparently some kind of spline gear or something, a fine fellow at quad state Ohio was selling it, He swore it would forge weld very easily and is really easily worked, I was skeptical at first, but after working it, I was astonished! The next year I bought as much as I could afford. The twists were done with a small hand held propane torch, the rod really makes for some fun hooks and such.