I Forge Iron

Attwood

This 115 lb Attwood was the first anvil I owned. Bought it for $200 from a guy I knew that crashed his cycle and needed fast cash. He threw in a never-used 3 burner majestic forge to make the deal. It has about 50% rebound, and if it could talk it would say "I make nails", as that's all I did on it for months after I got it home.

post-28590-0-62085300-1393707142_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my attwood, 100 lbs ish. Has good rebound, a file skates on it, but not so hard it wont dent on a mis blow..... it is my first real anvil though I have used a couple of others . Got it locally here in northern ontario, from a guy who says it came with his property when he bought it. It does all ive needed it to do so far from small stuff in copper to inch and a bit for hardys andother tools.post-27406-0-87463000-1394593589_thumb.jpost-27406-0-87463000-1394593589_thumb.j

• 2 years later...

I recently picked up this 168 pound Attwood along with a few other anvils from England. Rebound is at 60%+. Without the markings you would think it was a Mousehole with the triangular feet and how the underside of the horn is finished. Just doesn't have the MH handling hole on the front feet. 

IMG_8185 - Copy.JPG