I Forge Iron

April 19th. meeting

Looks like I rained on this parade. An idea might be that I think you could get some from the transportation museum, at the art on fire, likely we could make something from them there.

I missed his reply Mark, are you two talking on two channels at once? If you're talking about RR spikes I have a few I can bring. It'll be a good time to show you the hold fasts I made for working spikes with the head in the hardy hole or over the edge of the anvil. They're not perfect but I believe the pair are good proof concept tools.

Frosty The Lucky.

This is the world wide notification the Association of Alaskan Blacksmiths next meeting, Saturday April 19th. at Jim Hutto's in Anchorage.

I'll be bringing bringing the can of Patterson #1 welding flux for anyone to try. I don't know what else we have planned but I'll see you there. What else could you want? <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.

Hello Jerry,

Are you the same Jerry Frost that lived in Chugiak about 1975?  If so, I'd like to hear from you. I've just built a coal fired forge and I'm having trouble finding coal, and I could use some advise. Give me a call some time, I'm in the Wasilla phone book . John Mielke

I Sure am, you let me use your wheel on some Jonesville stoneware clay. Not too successfully but I remember you bet. I'm in the book too.

I imagine you're been reading the posts from the Alaska guys about coal. <sigh> I'll give you a call we'll talk you bet.

Frosty The Lucky.

Good grief I forgot!! <gasp>

Welcome aboard John, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header other folk on Iforge won't keep bugging you about it. The rest of us locals know but there're more than 80,000 folk on IFI.

Frosty The Lucky.