I Forge Iron

The Blacksmiths Craft

jimbob

The Blacksmith's Craft
Charles McRaven
ISBN-13:978-1-58017-593-7;ISBN-10:1-58017-593-7(pbk. :alk. paper)
247 Pages

This is a new book by Charles Mc Raven out this year . I bought a copy because I have his other book. Country Blacksmithing. when I started looking through the new book it was the same page for page only at the end is a paragraph that there is a lot of inormation on the internet.
If you don't have a copy of Country Blacksmithing (out of print now) this would be a good book to add to ones library
p.s. I'ed put the ISBN and page count in but I put my copy in Iron the hat at the last Guild meeting.

The Blacksmith's Craft
Charles McRaven
ISBN-13:978-1-58017-593-7;ISBN-10:1-58017-593-7(pbk. :alk. paper)
247 Pages

Good book Full of information with some good stories and plenty of pictures and drawings. I've used it as a reference several times. Worth the price and the reading time. It was originaly written before bicycle helmets and child proof caps. Not alot of pictures of safety equipment and don't mind the little one on page 170 eye level with the anvil holding the iron down, As the song says those were different days and a different world.
Good book

John

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I purchased this book last night at Barnes and Noble while looking for their smithing books. They hide them in their jewelry making (Arts and Crafts) section. In quickly scanning this book at the store I could see the straight forward style that I like to see in any instructional book. I would agree with the above reviewer's opinions that this is a must have book.

I like to post pictures for other people to get a feel for what's reviewed, so here they are:

post-15635-0-16426600-1292027728_thumb.j

post-15635-0-05127200-1292027765_thumb.j

• 1 month later...