I Forge Iron

Scrapyard find

poppaclutch

Sweet! Any markings on it? Got any close ups of the receiver?  Looks like it might be burned and the receiver looks to be alum, so I'm guessing it's either a prop gun or one of the .22LR copies.

I've got one of the Auto Ordinance semi's in 45 like that, and years ago I knew a place near me that had 3 or 4 of the full auto M1 Thompsons. Back in the late 80's a buddy of mine who was a machinist bought one of the 80% finished receivers and did his federal paperwork to complete the machining. He's commented on a couple of occasions he wished he'd done a few more before they changed the law.

Parts kits are still available, so if it's semi and the reciever isn't totally trashed, you may be able to get it working again. If not, Gun Parts Corp buys up damaged firearms and strips them for any useable parts for guys looking to do repairs and restorations. In that condition it might not have a lot of value, but you never know.

BTW if it IS real, be very careful. Even in unfireable condition the ATF still considers them to be full auto and simply being in possession of the receiver will land you in federal prison if you don't have the paper work to go with it..