I Forge Iron

valuation?

I have recently purchased a Sahliner 75 lb hammer and am going to sell my other two hammers.  It has been a number of years since i was spending a lot of time on any of the forums and i am wondering what realistic asking prices are for my two hammers.  The one i have been using is a new style LG 100, it has a single phase motor, clutch babbitt replaced with bronze, all pivot points reamed and new pins fitted, babbitt in great shape, steel sow block good brake and guard.  Needs absolutely nothing.

The second hammer is a Chambersburg Utility 250.  Came from a university with virtually no use.  New rings both on the piston as well as on the cushion, new cylinder packing, chromed and ground piston rod, chromed and ground tup valve and new throttle valve.  The hammer had been used with steam and did not have proper function on air.  Nothing was worn but it was sloppily made.  Hammer is late 40s if i remember.

I would welcome any opinions!

Ben

• 2 weeks later...