I Forge Iron

Help with identifying forge part

Farmall

Picked up a few items this weekend, this forge part among them.  I want to build a portable forge and thought this would be ideal.  Question is, what blower connected to it?  Based on the clamps on the end, the hand cranked blower would have a square flange on the mouth to clamp between the two sides.  Any ideas as to manufacturer and the blower?  Thanks.

post-12829-0-64769600-1382922095_thumb.j

post-12829-0-10734500-1382922107_thumb.j

Greetings Farmall,

This style of blower mount is common .... I think it was used on the ( all in the box military forge )  ,,   The ash dump is weighted closed and is not self dumping...    I hope this helps...

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

I've seen a lot of blowers with the square flange for just that type of mount.  I don't recall it being specific to one company, though.

The other end of the tuyere is meant for a flat-bottomed forge, not something with a fire pot.  The part that sticks up through the floor of the forge would have a grate, obviously, but the control of the fire's shape was done with bricks and/or water.

Definitely a great piece for a traveling forge.