I Forge Iron

Autumnal kitchen hook

digger9523

Some of you across the pond may have heard we're due to get a bit of a storm over here tonight, not seen much of it today, but it has been blowing a bit.

With the mrs going On and On about putting up a chalkboard in the kitchen to cover up some imaginary stain that only she can see after several thick coats of paint, i decided to kill two birds with one stone.  

I lit the forge, the blower and the hammer blows drowned out her incessant moaning, and it also lead me to bash out a means of putting up the aforementioned chalk board.   B)

And as i gazed out upon the valley and saw the leaves, i took a small amount of inspiration……

IMG_1723_zpsc87de532.jpg
IMG_1724_zps3d70f2b8.jpg
IMG_1728_zps794c57fd.jpg

:)

Okay, now for future use I will give you my magical stain blocker system!  I have used this with great success over many years!  I will start out with a commercial stain blocker like Kilz, or any other, in a water base formulation.  I follow that up with a coat of oil base stain blocker (Kilz also makes one of these, but others are fine too).  The third coat/treatment is a shellac based blocker (which is alcohol based).  I have found very few stains that will penetrate all three types of blockers!  If there should be a very slight stain STILL showing... I retreat with another coat of each type stain blocker.  This approach has proven pretty well bulletproof!

Okay, now for future use I will give you my magical stain blocker system!  I have used this with great success over many years!  I will start out with a commercial stain blocker like Kilz, or any other, in a water base formulation.  I follow that up with a coat of oil base stain blocker (Kilz also makes one of these, but others are fine too).  The third coat/treatment is a shellac based blocker (which is alcohol based).  I have found very few stains that will penetrate all three types of blockers!  If there should be a very slight stain STILL showing... I retreat with another coat of each type stain blocker.  This approach has proven pretty well bulletproof!

People like you make me sick! You could have told me that Before I had to go out and light the forge and waste my time having all that fun!

love that - its very pretty :) like how its just in the wall.
my nephew just went outside our house and sucked his finger and held it in the air - NOTHING. calm before the storm?.. :ph34r:

Yeah it's definitely a part of the house now Beth! It ain't coming out of that wall without a fight I can tell you!

Had some trees down here, no road blockages though, and a goodly amount of rain.

Oh I LOVE the creative approach that you have used here!  I just wanted to sneak in that info because LOTS of people might find it useful!  You ARE sick though... you are suffering from "hot iron addiction"!  AFAIK there is no cure... most victims suffer until their deaths!

So I'm doomed then?!

It's great and useful info man, thanks for sharing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...