Jump to content
I Forge Iron

What kind of tongs are these?


Recommended Posts

I believe Solano is right, those are for removing the old shoe return spring and the little clip form on the end of the one handle is for pulling the new one into place. That works by sliding the handle into the hook on the end of the spring and placing the clip end over the brake spring post then levering the spring out and over the spring slides right down the handle and over the end of the spring pin.


the bit with the curved point is placed on part of the shoe and the hook end is threaded through the spring end. when you close the handles it stretches the spring and you can remove it from the spring pin and let it relax under control.


Guys who tried removing springs using the handle clip thingy had to spend too much time chasing after the spring but that was nothing like the razzing we gave them.


Frosty the Lucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...