I Forge Iron

Brooks anvils pic

older but new to me me Brooks anvil and 3 pair well used tongs for $100 !!  :D

excellent overall condition , pretty happy with this one........

hope to pick up my forge tomorrow.......and get to some hammering on the weekend

IMG-20130704-023382_zpsfcdffc8e.jpg

Wow is that a SWEET deal!  I'd like it a lot better though if it was going in my garage.  What's the weight on that one?

thanks DC , ya I'm pretty happy........as for the weight , there looks to be a kg mark on the back but a little tough to read and also a fraction on the front to the left of 'Brooks'

when I pull it off the stump to redo base (little loose with rail spikes holding it in place) I will weigh it ,............pretty certain its in the 120-130lb range....... 

I have a 63kg Brooks that looks like that - lovely Anvil and probably my favorite. Amongst others I also have a barely used 300# one that I'm part selling for $200 cash and 3hrs. worth of time, to a start-up bladesmith, what do you guys think  ?

Ian

Sweet find Rob, congratulations. Brooks anvils have an excellent reputation, it looks to be in excellent condition and it's a good size.

Two of the tongs look to be for use under a power hammer, it's the most common reason for long reins like those. Not counting some of my first attempt tongs where I just got carried away drawing them out.

Frosty The Lucky.