I Forge Iron

Mosaic damascus and ebony folding dagger

Zanshin

Hi fella,
This is another old project, I made it last year. My first mosaic damascus 02 and 15n20, deeply etched and mirror polished, blade 11 cm, oal 23 including bail. Ebony and mother of pearl handle with abalone inlays, brass liners, MA5M inox one piece back and spring. Brass bail. Back lock, it locks in both open and close positions. Thanks for looking :)

Francesco

post-40283-0-30426600-1368127546_thumb.j

post-40283-0-95817000-1368127567_thumb.j

post-40283-0-02666800-1368127592_thumb.j

post-40283-0-95236500-1368127614_thumb.j

post-40283-0-17996700-1368127739_thumb.j

Francesco, that looks like a sissy knife to me. You'd best just send it to me and I can destroy it for you :)
Very nice work.

Dave, I would be more than happy to send it to you but it's in England now...

Very nice. I don't fancy myself as anything near a knife maker, but have hammered out a couple of knife shaped objects out of mild steel. These were done just as simple projects to develop my smithing skills while I am learning, and find I quite enjoy it. I plan to aquire more suitable material to make more, however, I rarely ever carry a fixed blade knife, always folder. I may never make one the same caalliber as yours, but a functional daily carry folder is on my list of hopeful projects.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!!!

@ Eddie: making a simple functional knife it's the task all knifemakers should apply for. Unfortunately, too many times, it's all about precious materials and fancy finishes... I often enjoy the pleasure of making a simple, cheap, really usable knife and, I think, it gives me a loooooot of satisfaction.
So: go on and try!!! You will enjoy!!!