I Forge Iron

First post,

I've been blacksmithing for a couple years now and finally picked up this anvil at auction for 200.00.  I used a rail track prior.

weight is 138 lbs and by the look of the feet it looks like a PW.  just not sure. the markings on the waist are 1-1-3 with the letter C between the feet.  

i made a hot cut hardy of a jackhammer bit with my wife as a striker...gotta love that.

post-40056-0-46229000-1367878136_thumb.j

post-40056-0-12746700-1367878190_thumb.j

post-40056-0-19730700-1367878227_thumb.j

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in your header we won't keep bugging you asking.

The anvil looks good, I'm not enough an authority to guess at make though. Give the wifely striker a hug for me, gotta love a good choice.

Frosty The Lucky.

Greetings

Looks like you got it going your way with a new anvil .... Looks to me like a PW with a clip horn...  Wifes a striker huh...  I guess you never heard the story about .... When I nod my head hit it.... 

Welcome     JIm

Welcome!   I have a PW as well, and above the weight numbers (the three numbers you posted above), that is where it should be marked with something like : first line: Peter ; second line: England; third: Patent , then Solid Wrought in a circle pattern.  Yours may vary if older...

Nice cut off hardy as well!

Greetings

Looks like you got it going your way with a new anvil .... Looks to me like a PW with a clip horn...  Wifes a striker huh...  I guess you never heard the story about .... When I nod my head hit it.... 

Welcome     JIm

we sure have to work on communication, when she missed she knew it..lol

Welcome!   I have a PW as well, and above the weight numbers (the three numbers you posted above), that is where it should be marked with something like : first line: Peter ; second line: England; third: Patent , then Solid Wrought in a circle pattern.  Yours may vary if older...

Nice cut off hardy as well!

i can almost make out the letter "p" but that's it...i guess the marks eroded in time.