I Forge Iron

Handtools where can i found some ?

Your English is fine. If you go to IForgeIron.com there is a French flag (bottom left of the page) that you can click on to translate the site into French (or other languages) and may be easier to read.

Good blacksmithing tools can be found at most blacksmithing meetings.
Most likely the best gathering of blacksmiths in your country is Canada CanIRON VI. Click on the link for information. In the USA I would suggest SOFA and Quad State Click on the link for information. There metalworking calendar on the opening page of the site will give you other events that are usually open to the public to attend.

As a blacksmith you can make your own hand tools. The Blueprints section of this site is a step-by-step tutorial that shows you how to make forges, tongs and many other tools.

Bonjour mon ami, Welcome to IFI. As others have sais here you can make your own tools and that is a big step on the road to the point when you can call yourself a blacksmith. I have a LONG way to go on this road and one place I found a lot of help, as Glenn mentioned is in the blueprints section here on IFI. Also you may want to check out "The Blacksmith's Manual Illustrated" published by the Rural Development Commission in the U.K. This is a free download. This manual is a step by step instruction guide that even I can follow. It shows lots of how-tos on tool making. Further, there is a new section on this forum in the making which will be similar, a structured lesson plan. Bon voyage! Dan:)

Stevenard, bienvenue dans le familie, ( I'm trying, see)

I often pick up tongs at second hand shops, what they call here Pawnshops (South Africa), where you find a lot of used tools, punches, chissels. I'm sure they must have something like that in Canana. I bought 2 pairs of tongs, a rodded chissel, and a double blacksmiths calipers like that. Paid about ZAR 50 each, that is about Euro 5,00 each. It is quiet easy to modify an old tool to whatever new use you want to put it to.

For the entire North America I would say the SOFA in September in western Ohio USA is the largest annual event. I've travelled 1500 *miles* to it. Rich Waugh flies in from the Virgin Islands for it and there are a bunch of folks from Canada who attend. One nice thing is that camping onsite is allowed so that drops the cost off food and lodging way down---more money to spend on "tailgating" where folks are selling stuff and SOFA has a better sales area than the ABANA conference in my opinion---*anybody* who pays to attend can sell stuff for no extra charge so a lot of smiths clean out their old or duplicated tools and sell them there.

ABANA's bi-yearly is one of the most prestigeous (and expensive) ones; but the next one has been cancelled.