I Forge Iron

My take on the "Spork"

bembrey

We have a Ren Faire coming up that we attend each year and the Thieves Guild has this thing with "spoons"... have a spoon, don't get robbed ;) I decided I needed my own spork for this year so made this yesterday. Learned in making this one, how to make the next one easier/possibly better.

post-29108-0-64292200-1367246915_thumb.j

dcraven - Thank you sir... this was made with 3/8 square stock (for some reason, I have a bunch of it laying around) and took about an hour to make. I have a Salt Fork Craftsmens swage block that has the spoon forms in it, so making the spoon part was really easy. Some light filing and sanding and an overnight soak in vinegar cleaned it right up.

Beth, thank you for the feedback. Frosty, my Son-in-Law dubbed this the "Combat Spork"... and the primary reason I made it is for a particular meal served at our Ren Faire, stew in a bread bowl... it is challenging to eat with plastic cutlery, I do not believe I'll have an issue this year :).

Chinobi, I hot cut the fork end and drew out the tines and then rounded and shaped around the horn on my anvil... I will admit that on the next one, I'll draw out the 3/8 stock before splitting and making the tines, these were about 3 inches long! Had to cut 'em back to a more functional length.