I Forge Iron

Question about champion 400 blower

I picked up a 400 blower for $100 in good condition serial#573713 and was wondering how these were mounted. There is no tab for a stand but only a flange at the output. This will be the 4 th blower I have dug into (aluminum champion, smaller buffalo, and a canedy Otto) and seems to be much better built with bearings and adjustments. Also looks like someone forgot to put the P in "patented" on the side (anyone else see this)

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at the housing where the shaft for the fan and the bearings are there are there is a ridge running along each side. The have a clamp that has grooves that the ridges fit into. The clamp then had 3 legs that slid into it. Just google images of a champion blower and Im sure you will find some pictures of both the mounting methods.

• 5 months later...

Greetings
I have a nice buffalo silent 200 hand crank blower on a stand . I disassembled and cleaned it . The cone and race on the pinion drive from the gearbox to the fan housing is toast . I have searched for a modern bearing to replace the old worn out set, but can't find one available in the correct I. D. And O. D. So, does anyone have a silent 200 for parts? I only need the final drive shaft ,cone and race. I may be the one with the "for parts " blower if somebody doesn't answer this. I'll send photos if you have a part you think might work .

Hi, and thanks for the photos and info. I have other blowers to use and just trying to make this one serviceable. I will take your advice and move forward with making new parts or fixing what I have. This blower makes some noise but continues to roll over for more than one revolution. I need to concentrate on the lock nuts for the final race position.. I think they slip after a little use and then the bearings are out of tolerances. I know I can eventually smooth it out. Thanks again for the info and advice....and Good Luck.

• 3 months later...