I Forge Iron

Looking for some advice

I've seen these posted several times on fleabay, and I even took the time to read through some of the feedback from sales. None of it really answered my questions, though. I figured I'd ask the experts for some opinions. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130854667512&item=130854667512&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

I know it's a little light, but it's bigger than what I'm working on now. Any glaring problems with it? Would it be worth the price? Thanks!

does seem a bit cheap, although it seems to be a no name anvil, which might be the reason  why it is cheap.

Im no anvil expert but it looks a bit odd to me, very similar to my cheap chinese cast iron anvil I got for around 200 bucks (80Lb) 10 years back.

Hardy hole looks very small and I am puzzled why they painted it.

How hard you  been looking for anvils, Ebay seems to push the prices up a bit I find

There are all kinds of anvils available on ebay if you're willing to have them shipped.  I had my 300#+ anvil shipped from Massachusetts to SC for less than a dollar a pound using uship.com, and I thoroughly recommend you keep them in mind if you run into a good deal that's a state or three away from you.

And don't think that it has to be an traditional-looking anvil.  There's a guy on ebay that sells hunks of cut steel for a good price, and he currently has a nice size bit of 4140 that would make a great post anvil.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-Chrome-Moly-150-lbs-4140-9-5-OD-7-5-L-ROUND-BAR-BLACKSMITH-ANVIL-INV-9699-/400411526755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3a630663

He's one of my favorite sellers, and I'm sooooooo glad I don't live near him!  The stuff on his 'store' is amazing, and I'm sure I could find a use for half of it if I had the money.

There are all kinds of anvils available on ebay if you're willing to have them shipped.  I had my 300#+ anvil shipped from Massachusetts to SC for less than a dollar a pound using uship.com, and I thoroughly recommend you keep them in mind if you run into a good deal that's a state or three away from you.

And don't think that it has to be an traditional-looking anvil.  There's a guy on ebay that sells hunks of cut steel for a good price, and he currently has a nice size bit of 4140 that would make a great post anvil.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-Chrome-Moly-150-lbs-4140-9-5-OD-7-5-L-ROUND-BAR-BLACKSMITH-ANVIL-INV-9699-/400411526755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3a630663

He's one of my favorite sellers, and I'm sooooooo glad I don't live near him!  The stuff on his 'store' is amazing, and I'm sure I could find a use for half of it if I had the money.

I love the NO CANADIANS bit... lol 

Not to stir dissent or regional bias, but I've been burned hard by people across the boarder, just so happens to be they resided in Canada... My wife and her family originate from Canada, so again no hard feelings...