I Forge Iron

I was wondering if anyone on here knew where to get coal in northern wisonsin. I have some coal that I bought from a friend and I know where he got it but thats around 100 miles away from me and thats a long ways. I know the wausau power plant uses coal was wondering if people knew if they sold some? Any idea are welcome too Im just trying to stay closer to Merrill WI than 100 miles.

Quick comment. You should either say where in Wis in your post or in your member info. You might find someone close to you that could answer your question. Right now, I can guess that you are within 100 miles of Wausau but no way to tell. I would be surprised if the power plant would sell you coal even if you could find the right person to ask. Good luck

• 5 months later...

I would love just a 100 mi. trip. I am near La crosse and go to the coal yard under the bridge in Green Bay.It is $200 a ton and  useable. I can weld all day as long as I break the fire down every hour or so. It aint Pochahontas that I bought many years ago in Milw. for $135 a ton.

• 7 years later...