I Forge Iron

shop finally getting how i want it

matto

Thanks pug man, There is a lot of graffiti on the brick walls where people have signed different bricks. they go back to 1969. the shop is the old rail road loading dock of the old swift chicken plant and ice house. i have two more rooms in the building that have all my construction stuff and a wood shop in them. the building was built around 1900. all concrete floors.

thanks kustomsteel, i kind of like the walls to, adds a lot that you just can't duplicate. there is also two paul detlefsen paintings hanging in the smithy. "the smithy" hangs in the main forging area behind the anvil and "horse and buggy days" is in the office. they are both the 1950 reprints. i am working on getting pictures of inspiring to me people to also put around the shop. No you are correct there is 7 on one wall, one on the side of the tv cabinet in the upper corner, and three on the wall with the big new 16 canedy otto drill press. all the vises have been taken apart cleaned and repaired if needed. some where repainted some just with poly.

good to hear from you my friend, ya she burns wood or coal. it is a cross breed from a '20s standard oil barrel and a model oak pot belly stove. off of the chimney i have some tubes that blow the hot air off (as a heat reclamer). we should try and get together some time. this summer i will have 5 dump truck loads of ash,oak, mulbaerry, locus and hackberry. it was goood to hear your summer went well.

That is a genuinely beautiful arrangement you have there!  Seven vises adorning the wall and a handful of nice anvils in the cupboard....  you're a lucky fellow!.

I can't imagine how nice it must be to work in such a wonderful setting.  All that history, and plenty of room to grow?  Wow.  

• 3 weeks later...