I Forge Iron

The job of making a dream come through

Yesterday I replied to Beth in her thread “School gate panel” with a link to a page in my blog. She said it might be of interest if I posted it here.

In this page, I show how I went from drawing in very small scale to forging and installing a grille in a home.

Originaly, I made this page as a tool to show clients the work involved in making their dream come through and why they have to pay what they do.

There, I show the method I used to forge this grille. It also shows how I was inspired by Fritz Kühn and the Greene brothers. If you are a beginner and have a larger project in mind or are being approached for your first important commission, it might help you. It worked for me.

Here is the link :

http://yvesforge.blogspot.ca/p/forging-dream.html

I started a thread a few weeks ago about my new web site and this is what happened....  "Your post was taken off line as it redirects traffic from IForgeIron to another web site."   I have a link to "I Forge Iron" on the first page of the site and the site is about Blacksmithing...oh well.  Kinda silly I guess to ask a bunch of blacksmiths to go look at a web site of my work. :)  No biggie tho, I'm not mad or upset, just struck me kinda funny. You can send folks to eBay and craigslist and other web sites no problem...

Good blog, BTW. enjoyed it, great stuff!