I Forge Iron

Hernia Surgery

Bentiron1946

I was going to put this in the prayer section but I'm mostly healed now so it's mostly just some healing left to do. Went into the doctor for some normal blood work and he did his usual stuff and said "You know you guts are hanging out your belly button?", I told him "Yeah", he said you need to get that fixed now. I asked "why now?", it has been that way most of my married life from moving furniture for my beloved. Any way next day a visit to a surgeon and she says "Do you know you have two hernias?", "No", "Your bellybutton is really bad but you have another that goes form there up to your sternum", well that was on a Thursday and on the following Tuesday I had them both fixed. You know it hurts like crazy to have your belly fixed from the middle to the top. OUCH!! They made these four little holes and did it all by laproscope, so no big wound on the outside just big bruises. I hurts to sneeze, cough, XXXX , and many other things but at least I can sit in a chair now for a while and walk around the house a bit. I'd hate to think what major surgery would be like. It took an hour to do and then home to bed, dang I'm a pansy, I wish I'd a got stay where there was some kind of help other than my 100# wife, I weigh 250#, kinda scary those first three days. Lots better now. Be careful what and how much you lift at one time and you won't have to go through this pain in the belly, If you think it will take two men and a small by get three men and forget the small boy, no use him getting hurt, but don't hurt yourself, pain lasts a lot longer than getting help and then you can sit comfortably down and share a brew.

They maybe inherited but I remember when the bellybutton tore loose, it didn't hurt all that much but I sure felt faint for an hour or so. I should not have lifted a fully loaded dresser up onto furniture mover in one go. I remember when the abdominal hernia started, another stupid lift, I just never knew it had grown so big over the years. GET HELP if it looks it could be a two man lift. With my back the way it is I don't think I'm lift much more than a gallon of milk for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, getting help sure beats getting repaired. I'm sure glad you're healing up and will say a word or two with higher for you.

Oh, a small boy is good to have around during strenuous work, they're great for doing necessary little things, an after effort beer or dialing 911 for examples.

Take it easy till the DOC says you're good to go. Hang in there, we're pulling for you.

Frosty The Lucky.

glad things is working out...like me,the medical probs. sure are piled up now,after 30 years in the patch i neeed a whole body transplant :rolleyes:  but,every day on top of the dirt is a good thing! if i knew i was going to live this long...i'd took better care of myself. well it sounds good anyway....