I Forge Iron

FRONTIER BOWIE

arqueroalpha

Hi every one!

At this time I want share with you my last one frontier bowie knife. It is on recuest knife for a good client.

- OAL: 39 cms.
- Handle material: cocobolo wood.
- S guard: hot forge brass
- Steel blade: O1
- Blade length: 27 cms
- Blade heigth: 5 cms
- Blade thickness: 5 mm
- Hardness: 57 Rc
- Leather sheath
- Diderential quench.

100_8906.JPG

100_8912.JPG

Fantastic work!! I made a knife for my brother a while back and made a sheath for it too. It was the first knife I ever made. I think the knife turned out far better than I could have ever hoped for as my first attempt. The sheath on the other hand left a LOT to be desired. Your sheath looks a lot closer to what I would like to have made. Do you have any advice as to where I can go to learn how to do better leather working so my next knife has a sheath that looks like it belongs with the knife?

Nice Work!

Loneforge thank you!

Fantastic work!! I made a knife for my brother a while back and made a sheath for it too. It was the first knife I ever made. I think the knife turned out far better than I could have ever hoped for as my first attempt. The sheath on the other hand left a LOT to be desired. Your sheath looks a lot closer to what I would like to have made. Do you have any advice as to where I can go to learn how to do better leather working so my next knife has a sheath that looks like it belongs with the knife?

well about the sheath there is a lot of tuturial on the web; and here you can learn the basic use for some leather tools http://www.youtube.com/user/TandyLeatherFactory/videos.

The book about is talking TheoRockNazz is really a good book try to get it.

Also, I really like that bowie!!

Thank you

Lovely!

Thank you!

I love the knife, cocobolo is my favorite hardwood. What temperature can you hot forge brass at? Jayson, The Complete Bladesmith: Forging Your Way To Perfection by Jim Hrisoulas has a wonderful chapter on sheath making. It's also just a fantastic book to own.

The cocobolo wood is one of my favorite woods too. well about the forging brass I just put it in my press hot it with my acetylene torch to a red color and bend it.

Best regards.