I Forge Iron

Damascus Hunter

2Tim215

A 365 layer W pattern variation that I experimented with last week. Steel is 15N20 and 1055 and some 1070. Guard is brass with S/steel/brass spacers. Handle is palm.
OAL = 240x35x5
Blade = 110

2-2.jpg

1-4.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nice blade. It looks as though you may have drawn out the 'w' pattern in the wrong direction. If that was the case, it's easy to get confused and I've done it more than once, especially when using a welded on sq tang to hold the billet :( Shame on me.
Now, I put grind lines on the tang to remember the proper direction to draw it out.
The best part of damascus is that it's all good...if you don't like the pattern, heat it, twist it, draw it out and re-weld. Nothing wrong with a random pattern. I love damascus!
John

Thanks Loneforge.

Thanks John, and no it wasn't a mistake, I intentionally wanted the pattern to flow with the handle. But yes, I have also got very confused with some of the more complex patterns.

Thanks Scott, Just need to find a box big enough for a pregnant wife, my anvil, my tools, two dogs, myself and, oh yes, the knife ;)